Monday 1 April 2013

RoW80 Round 2: Getting back on the horse


I’ve recently begun free-lancing. But that’s not what this post is about today. That is going to come another day.
Instead I’m telling you all what I plan on doing for Round Two of RoW80. Round One was a bust, I won’t lie. Things happened, my productivity dropped to near 0 and I essentially vanished off the face of the internet (this part at least). I’m not back on full power just yet but I’m getting there and one day, when I’m feeling stronger I will tell you about what exactly happened in January.
But, pushing the miserable stuff aside, my aim for this round of RoW80 is to just get writing again. I have a few goals but not as many as I usually set myself.

1) Write 500 words of my own work a day.

I’m freelancing yes, and that means I am actually writing more days again, but I’m not writing what I want to write. I’m writing for someone else. So, to get me back into the spirit of writing my own work I’m going to aim for a minimum of 500 words a day. It’s not much, it should only take me about half an hour on a good day but it’s more than I’m doing now.

2) Participate in Camp NaNo

I’m taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo this month so I’ll be trying to write for that. It’s pretty self-explanatory really.

3) Work on new web-comic once a week

I’ve been working on a new web-comic idea recently and so I want to make sure that I’m not just leaving it by the wayside as I focus on other stuff. I may even post about it a bit at some point.

4) Blog at least once a week.

Writing the blog is something I find very therapeutic and it’s something that I need to do more of. I realise that I need to start planning my posts more though. Usually I’m just writing them on the day they get posted and it feels like a bit of a cop-out. So I will do some blog series at some point this round... when I’ve figured them out.


So, there we have them; my goals for RoW80. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Don't feel too bad. A lot of us have real life get in the way of writing. At least, I do! Keep your chin up and try, try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 500 a day is a pretty good goal, I mean that's 3000 a week and you can rest on Sunday!

    The one thing I've learned in my 30-ish *cough* years is that bad stuff happens regardless but if you want good stuff you have to make it happen.

    Think about it this way - you could look back in a years time with a novel in your hand or nothing, that time is going to pass either way.

    lol That was supposed to be inspiring but it sounds like more hard work - SORRY and Hi :P I'm doing ROW80 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the best with your goals - all sound do-able - and forget the obstacles life throws - they cannot be avoided:) you have determined to beat them so youre half way there:)

    ReplyDelete