Friday 6 July 2012

RoW80: Round Three Goals


So after 5 days of a family holiday and isolation from the internet I have finally returned home and can, at last, tell you all about my RoW80, Round Three goals. I have started working on all of them already and hopefully I can keep working on them for the next 80 days. I’ve come up with at least 6 and may or may not add a seventh.

First up are the big two:
1) Draw everyday
Even if it’s just a 5 minute doodle I need to do a little bit of drawing every day. So far that’s going well.
2) Write everyday
I plan to write something non-forum related. Whether it’s 100 words of world building, 500 of story planning or even 2,500 words of actual writing, I want to get something written every day.
These two are designed to encourage me to treat writing and drawing as my job, just like I want it to be. Hopefully if I can get into it enough it will become a habit and no longer will I feel as though I’m wasting my time every day.

3) Finish one art piece a week
So often I start to draw something big and never actually get it finished or it takes months to finish. I’m hoping that pushing myself to do this will encourage me to actually finishing things. Plus it’s a great incentive once I start actually drawing the pages of my web-comic. Which leads on to....
4) Work on oSaM daily.
As long as I do 30 minutes of work, at least, on oSaM every day I will be happy. It could be character designs or page thumbnails or anything else related to it. I’m going to make sure that the 30 minutes is uninterrupted and gets something productive out of it. Just thinking about it doesn’t count.
5) Edit 100 words of D.W. daily.
I’ve been putting off editing it and it’s really beginning to annoy me. I know what I need to do and I’ve already thought about things I need to fix/remove.
And finally;
6) Plan for NaNoWriMo
I’ve not got a set amount, time, words or otherwise for this one as it’s sort of an open book. I’ve already got the ideas brewing and a few notes made so from now until November it’s just going to slowly build and build. I’m hoping to work on 3 or 4 novels or short stories throughout NaNo so there are lots of things that I can flick between.

So for now, that’s it on the RoW80 front. I’m hoping that this time I’ll be able to stick to them much better than with Round 1 and who knows, I might actually enjoy it.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Thx for the comment on my blog.
    Good set of goals here , I like the priority you set, to first off do a bit of drawing and a bit of writing each day.
    I put editing top of my list because editing seems to be hardest to work at. yet really important to me. Maybe I need to sneak into the writing day with something easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know how hard it is to edit. I know I can do it but I just don't always want to, hence me putting it as a goal/target for RoW

      Delete