Friday 24 February 2012

Where do we go from here?


I’m still a little lost. I’ll freely admit this. I’ll explain why.
Before I go to bed at night I make a list of things I want to do the next day. I nearly always manage to cross every item off from that day so I usually have to write a completely new one. Before Tuesday, if I was struggling to think of something to put on my daily to-do list I’d put on to write a certain amount of Darkling Watch (my NaNo novel if you haven’t been following). Now that I’ve finished though I have no novel writing to put on.

There’s several things that I’ve replaced it with though. I’ve been working on several web-comics while I let DW stew. I’ve been drawing, I’ve been plotting and I’ve been researching for character designs. It’s taken a while but I’ve finally settled on an art style for the first comic, the one that I’ve going to start scripting come April. The same goes for my L.C. rewrite. Although I’ve not redesigned my characters I’m rewriting it at the moment. The rewrite is going quickly, the ground work is there so it’s a matter of working from there.

If I want to carry on with novel writing though there is a choice. I’ve got a few works in progress that I could turn to, both in the Darkling universe and with my fantasy world. It’s just a question of where to start.
Any ideas anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I would start with whatever feels like it will be the easiest to make a little progress on every day. A little at a time is better than nothing, right? I love setting a small word count goal for myself on a project that I know I can meet--half the time I blow right past it, and then I also make steady progress.

    Best of luck to you this week!

    ReplyDelete